Most of our carbon products replace the plastic OEM parts.
Fitting is extremely simple and takes a few minutes. You just need to:
- Remove the screws (if any) of the original part
- Remove the original part
- Fit our carbon part in replacement
- Set the screws back
The products with a cover fitting are a carbon coating to apply on the OEM part, by screwing or gluing them.
If the cover has some holes, to fit it you must:
- Unscrew the screws (if any) of the original part
- Place the item and screw it on the original, using the same screws (if any), or the ones provided with the item
The covers without holes, instead, have to be fitted with some double-sided tape:
- Cut some stripes of double-sided tape
- Glue them to the back of the cover, until the tips
- Glue the cover on the original part, putting pressure to ensure perfect adhesion
Note 1: You can use a few drops of silicone glue, alternatively to the double-sided tape.
Note 2: In case of engine covers (alternator cover, clutch cover, generator cover, pick-up cover) with no holes, you need to use only high temperature silicone glue or engine gasket paste
The dashboard covers for KTM 1290 Super Duke R are a particular part, because manufactured exclusively by Maxicarbon, based on the design of Mirco Sapio Design.
To fit the dashboard cover of the 2017-2019 models, you need to:
- Remove the two upper screws and the respective washers of the original dashboard
- Fit the carbon dashboard cover
- Set the two screws back, without the washers
For the dashboard cover of the 2014-2016 models, instead, you have to:
- Remove the two screws of the dashboard support
- Remove the three screws of the dashboard, and lift it from the support
- Set the two screws provided by Maxicarbon in the dashboard cover holes
- Insert the tab in the dashboard support, to fit the cover
- Mount the dashboard back and tighten all the screws (the use of threadlock is recommended)
The side panels wings are a Maxicarbon additional component, inspired by the wings of the Panigale V4R. They can be fitted on almost all faired motorcycles.
To fit them, you have to:
- Draw a line with slope 15° clockwise (keeping the bike horizontal), along a part of the side panels that is flat enough
- Mark on the line two points having the same distance of the two holes of the wings
- Remove the side panels of the bike, and drill two holes of about 5mm each on the two marked spots
- Screw the wings to the panels using the provided screws (we recommend to fit the first screw before drilling the second hole, to be sure of keeping the correct distance), and fit back the side panels with the wings
The air duct brake system are a Maxicarbon additional component, and can be fitted on the front wheel of any motorcycle, using the apposite provided brackets.
To fit them, you have to:
- Connect the front bracket through the screws of the lower part of the fork
- Connect the rear bracket with the lower screw of the brake caliper
- Screw each air duct through the two brackets
All the parts are handmade, and, in case some difficulties prevent proper fitting or screwing, they can be fixed in a few minutes with a Dremel tool or a small file.
You need to:
- Detect the hole to widen to ensure proper fitting
- Slowly widen the hole with the Dremel tool
- Fit the part on the motorbike